Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pain, pain, pain!

Today is 3 days post surgery and my anti-nausea patch is running out.  I have taken myself off the pain killers and ditched the walker.  Lots of pain!  The thing is, I don't know if this is from having the screws out or if it is my foot being stiff from my last operation which wasn't totally 100% yet.  All I know is that when I step down on the foot, I'm bound to feel some sort of pain in it somewhere.  Either the incisions on the heel hurt, or this terrible stop you dead in your tracks kind of pain across the base of my toes on the top of my foot.  Not sure what's going on with that.  I still have my bandages off which are tight and don't let you get good movement out of your foot.  Not moving it for so long may have something to do with this pain. I don't know.  I almost don't dare touch the bandages, though as they are protecting the incisions and the whole foot very well.  I could never re-wrap it like this and these bandages are all sterile.  What to do???   I hope tomorrow is better.  I have to start physical therapy back up on Tuesday, then that afternoon face the horrors of walking a ways and climbing stairs to visit my dentist.  I've already rescheduled this appointment several times so I want to squeak it in, but I can already tell that it won't be fun.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment