Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

3 month check up (before and after surgery photo comparisons) July 6, 2011

I was starting to get really depressed before this appointment.  I had nothing to gauge how my recovery was going.  My foot was still very painful which made me want to give up physical therapy most days and never move from the couch again (hey, I could do it for 8 weeks, why not longer?)  The foot bulged out on the side and it didn't look like there was much swelling anymore, so I assumed this was "it."  The Dr. said it looked good and if I was having pain, then it must be from the screws.  He also said that he did not cut any nerves and that the numbness I was feeling on the outside of my foot would eventually come back, but the sural nerve was traumatized.  Evidently, it lives close to the skin and would be subjected to swelling, of which he said there was still some and that I would get more definition in my ankle bone in time.  Hearing all this was a great relief!

The surgeon also pulled up my x-rays from march and put them side by side with the weight bearing ones I had that day and showed me the difference in my anatomy.  This also made me feel so much better about it.  There is quite a difference as you can see.


Weight bearing before and after surgery.  Click on the photo for a larger view.

Weight bearing from above before and after surgery.  Click on the photo for a larger view.

The back of my feet before surgery.  The left one is the inured one, but the right one doesn't look that great either!
The back of my feet after surgery.
One more person I saw also made things feel much better and that was my chiropractor.  He was very impressed with the surgeon's work and what he had accomplished.  Usually, my hips are about 1cm off, but during that visit, they were only 1/2 cm.  I saw on the web where after having this surgery, many people have less back pain.  I'm all for that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment