Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

6 week check up May 13, 2011

At my 6 week checkup, they were only changing the cast.  I HATED that cast.  I wanted it gone and never wanted it back.  I couldn't straighten my leg from all the pain and confinement and it was getting to me.  My hip hurt and was numb, too from the elevating.  Hard on the body!  I found that meditation, flexeril and doubling up on ibuprofen helped tremendously.

Cutting the cast off on the right side.
Cutting the cast on the left.  It comes off in two halves.

The incisions on the right side of my foot are healing nicely.  I couldn't believe all the leg hair!  YUCK!  I also noticed my toenails weren't growing.

The leg incision.

Incisions on the left side of my foot.

That horrible incision on the inside of my foot.  Close up and personal!

The technician stretching my foot to go back to a 90 degree angle for the cast.

She had mercy on me and put extra cotton on.  It didn't help.  It was still soooo uncomfortable!

The next layer of the cast material is applied.

The foot all snug in the wrapping once again.

Finishing the hard outer layer.  It would be on my leg for 2 weeks and 5 days.
Thanks to my step mom for taking me to this appointment and taking photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment